Prospective OLLI Instructors
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Sonoma State University is inviting course proposals for the 2022-2023 academic year. We are seeking course proposals in the following subject areas:
- Contemporary Issues/Popular Culture
- Food and Wine
- Natural Sciences
- Social and Political History
- World Cultures
OLLI at SSU Instructor Information:
- OLLI offers 4 sessions a year. Six week, three week, and single 2 hour (OLLI á la carte) classes are offered during fall, winter, and spring sessions.
- The OLLI Summer session offers short á la carte classes, June through August.
- OLLI instructors are to complete required Sonoma State University Human Resources paperwork, including an I-9 form.
- The OLLI Faculty Agreement from the SSU School of Extended and International Education (SEIE) is emailed to Instructors at least one month before the start of class. The agreement outlines the expectations of instructors teaching for OLLI, which includes class dates and times, the OLLI Course Preview Open House date, instructor pay rate, and if there are any SSU/CSU compliance training requirements.
- OLLI Instructors are asked to participate in the OLLI Course Preview, where each instructor provides a class presentation to OLLI members. The Course Preview is an opportunity to promote the classes offered. If an instructor is unable to attend the Course Preview or lives out of the area, a video presentation can be provided in advance of the event.
- During COVID-19, SSU has protocols for all faculty, staff, and students. At this time, all who attend classes in person must:
- Wear a mask while indoors
- Complete an online SSU Wellness Screening form before attending an SSU class or event
- All faculty, students, and staff must show proof of vaccination
- You can find up to date SSU COVID-19 Information at: https://covid19.sonoma.edu/
For questions about teaching for OLLI, contact Leslie Brutocao, Director, at email@example.com.